Saturday, August 31, 2013

ISA English Camp 2013

Hey guys I'm back!! I've been sick for the past few days so I didn't have time to update this Blog.
I volunteered at an English summer camp held near Nagoya by the ISA organisation. The camp was basically for young Japanese aged from elementary school to high school who wants to learn and improve their English. I was an assistant teacher there along with five other exchange students. My fellow exchange students were all very nice people, I had so much fun with them! My job during three days was to help and support the Japanese students in my class. My group was students with the age ranging from grade eight to grade nine. The adult teacher is also from Canada and is a very kind person. On the first day, each group had to prepare a performance to perform in front of everybody that night during the camp fire. I taught our group the Canadian lullaby ‘Frere Jacques’. Then I realised how most Japanese kids are wonderful at singing. I'm so proud of them! Then we had to do a skit of Momotaro and I laughed so hard at some points that I felt like as if I was finally going to get abs! These are all very smart kids and they had wonderful ideas. 
Rehearsing for Momotaro


Group picture

Rehearsal

Actual Performance

My guy best friends in that class! 


Another group picture before saying our farewells


As the camp progressed, I grew closer to my students. They were shy at first but after we got to know each other, I soon realised that they were actually very energetic and funny people! I've never thought that I could teach anything but after this experience, I felt a major sense of accomplishment along with a higher level of self-esteem. Maybe the camp taught me something instead of me teaching the kids.  

If you want to contact me for anything please comment here or
Youtube: Manou Liu

Thank you for reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment